The next funding call deadline is 23 October 2017. To be considered for PAGES' support, applications should meet the following criteria:
- Relevance to PAGES' Science Structure and PAGES' themes. Note: funding of workshops/meetings that focus predominantly on modern aspects but have a substantial paleo component will also be considered
- Integrative in the PAGES spirit e.g. build interdisciplinary thinking and contribute to integrative science
- Be clear about what is going to be taught
- International/broad geographical participation
- Encouraging the participation of early-career scientists (until ca. 5 years after PhD) and those from developing countries (including BRICS countries).
All applications should be submitted at least six months before the planned event date, to allow for wide promotion to the paleo community. Exceptions will be considered by the Executive Committee.
Applicants must now contact a relevant member of PAGES SSC at least two weeks before this proposal is submitted to advise them of your plans. Applications received without SSC member notification will not be looked upon favorably.
PAGES support for educational workshops/meetings is usually between US$5,000 - US$10,000 per meeting. The bulk of requested PAGES funds should be assigned to enabling the participation of young scientists and/or teachers who would otherwise not be able to attend.
Please note: This form will time-out after 2 hours. To avoid loss of data, prepare your proposal offline using this template (MS Word) and then copy-paste text blocks into the form.